List Home Dates Threads Authors Subjects
fibre_channel - RE: [EXTERNAL]--[fibre_channel] RE: June 30 FC-PI-8 interim meeting Message Thread: Previous | Next
  • To: "Kozischek, Dave R." <KOZISCHEDR@xxxxxxxxxxx>, "fibre_channel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <fibre_channel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: Dean Wallace <deanw@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2022 14:56:50 +0000

HI Dave

 

This is an ad hoc so you can have anyone attend that you would like.

 

Regards Dean

 

From: fibre_channel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <fibre_channel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> On Behalf Of Kozischek, Dave R.
Sent: Wednesday, June 29, 2022 6:57 AM
To: Dean Wallace <deanw@xxxxxxxxxxx>; fibre_channel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [EXT] [fibre_channel] RE: [EXTERNAL]--[fibre_channel] RE: June 30 FC-PI-8 interim meeting

 

External Email


Team…Dean is out of the office today.   I had a question…Some other Corning people would like to attend the Ad-hoc…Are they allowed to attend as a guest?

 

 

 

From: fibre_channel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <fibre_channel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> On Behalf Of Dean Wallace
Sent: Tuesday, June 28, 2022 5:35 PM
To: fibre_channel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [EXTERNAL]--[fibre_channel] RE: June 30 FC-PI-8 interim meeting

 

HI All

 

I have not received any requests for presentations for the Thursday meeting pertaining to the speed discussion that happened as part of FC-PI-8 RFC comment resolution at the last hybrid meeting.

 

As part of the FC-PI-8 ad hoc a motion was made if the speed should remain at the current speed of 112.2Gbps or be changed to 106.25Gbps. The result of the vote was a tie with more people abstaining than voting yes or no.

 

I had put the following  motion in the FC-PI-8 ad hoc meeting report “Should the 128GFC data rate change to 106.25Gbps”

 

Because there were multiple changes to the data being presented Broadcom called the two week rule and the motion was tabled.

 

As part of the follow up discussion we asked for the action items from II-VI, Lumentum and Broadcom pertaining to VCSEL development that are documented in the minutes to be completed by the June 30 interim meeting. If these action items were completed by June 30 and discussed I then had the action item to open a ballot for the line rate on July 5th. This would be a 14 day ballot. If the data wasn’t available by June 30 and the companies that are providing the data said it would be available and uploaded to meet the two week rule (July 26) then the data would be discussed at the hybrid meetings in Chicago and a motion would be made in the plenary.

 

Recently Tom and I have been receiving some requests to still have the letter ballot on July 5.

 

This will be discussed at the June 30 meeting so if you have interest in this I would request that you attend the Thursday meeting.

 

Also for those that have action items pertaining to the VCSELs please come prepared to discuss during the Thursday meeting.

 

I would like to start with the speed discussion and then move on to RFC comment resolution. As it stands now the agenda will be:

 

Speed discussion

RFC comment resolution

 

Regards Dean

 

 


By Date: Previous | Next Current Thread By Thread: Previous | Next