List Home Dates Threads Authors Subjects
fibre_channel - June 30 FC-PI-8 interim meeting Message Thread: Previous | Next
  • To: "fibre_channel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <fibre_channel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: Dean Wallace <deanw@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 18 Jun 2022 18:48:55 +0000

Hi All

 

I just sent out the ZOOM invite for the June 30 FC-PI-8 interim meeting. The meeting is schedule to run from 1pm to 4pm PDT.

 

The focus of the meeting will be the 128GFC speed discussion. At the hybrid meetings this past week there was a lot of discussion around 112.2Gbps and 106.25Gbps for the 128GFC rate.

 

A vote was not held at the meetings and the discussion will continue during the June 30 hybrid. Companies requested additional time to bring in data to support the different speeds.

 

The agreement at the plenary this past week is that the group would use the June 30 meeting to discuss 128GFC line rate. If all the data is available for the meeting I will start a 14 day ballot on July 5 to vote on the line rate. If companies say that there isn’t enough time to have data by the June 30 meeting and will have the data by the August hybrid meeting we will then have the vote at the August meetings.

 

The August FC-PI-8 ad hoc is on August 8 and 9. The presentations for the meeting should be uploaded two weeks before the meeting.

 

The two week rule was called on the vote this past week. That highlights the importance of getting everything uploaded two weeks before the meeting.

 

I expect the discussion will center around VCSEL capability at 56.1Gb. Some of the actions that came from the past meeting were:

 

Lumentum to provide repeatability of TDECQ measurement at 56.1Gb

Broadcom to provide TDECQ data that correlates with the BER data that was measured at 53.125Gb

II-VI to bring in measured TDECQ at 56.1Gb

 

Broadcom was also requested to bring in measured data for BER and TDECQ at 56.1Gb.

 

Any other data that companies have and would like to present to support the line rate discussion would be appreciated.

 

Send me the title, document number and presenter and I will add you to the agenda.

 

Regards Dean


By Date: Previous | Next Current Thread By Thread: Previous | Next