List Home Dates Threads Authors Subjects
fibre_channel - FC-PI-8 hybrid ad hoc in Duluth Message Thread: Previous | Next
  • To: "fibre_channel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <fibre_channel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: Dean Wallace <deanw@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 12 Jun 2022 18:34:43 +0000

HI All

I have uploaded the draft agenda for the FC-PI-8 ad hoc in Duluth MN. Please take a look and let me know if I missed anything or if there are concerns about the order.

My plan is the usual boiler plate items, an overview of the comments. After this I would like to go over presentation pertaining to the comments before we dive into line by line comment resolution.

The order I’m proposing is the following:

VCSEL data (Broadcom, Lumentum)

Training presentations (Broadcom, Cisco)

Speed discussion (Cisco, Lumentum, II-VI)

The reason I want to go in this order is the VCSEL data is driving the subsequent conversations.

If you have reviewed the presentations you will note that Broadcom is removing the requirements for in band optical and electrical training based on the most recent data. The VCSEL discussion is a predecessor to that and then we can discuss the link training and finally speed discussion.

The meeting begins at 9am CDT. By the time I get through the boilerplate items (three sets of minutes to review) and the comment overview I would expect that the presentations will start approximately 9:30 or so CDT. I would ask that key presenters make a note of this and let me know if there are conflicts.

Looking forward to seeing/talking to everyone this coming week.

Safe travels if you are going to Duluth.

Regards Dean

By Date: Previous | Next Current Thread By Thread: Previous | Next
  • FC-PI-8 hybrid ad hoc in Duluth, Dean Wallace  (you are here)