List Home Dates Threads Authors Subjects
fibre_channel - RE: [EXTERNAL]--[fibre_channel] RE: FC-PI-8 interim ZOOM call Message Thread: Previous | Next
  • To: "Xu, Yang (Sunny)" <Sunny.Xu@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Swanson, Steven E" <SwansonSE@xxxxxxxxxxx>, "workgroup_mailer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <workgroup_mailer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "fibre_channel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <fibre_channel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: Jose Castro <Jose.Castro@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2022 17:19:55 +0000
  • Cc: "Dean Wallace (deanw@xxxxxxxxxxx)" <deanw@xxxxxxxxxxx>, "Kozischek, Dave R." <KOZISCHEDR@xxxxxxxxxxx>

Hi Sunny,

You requested to add an explanatory note to Table 12 (Max. Value of discrete reflectance).

This would have been straightforward for DR specifies the max. MPI penalty per channel loss as shown in Table 140-12 of 802.3 cu.

However, this does not seem to be the case for 100GBASE FR or LR channels which are more related to the Fibre Channel SMF variant.

It is possible that some join allocation for  DGD and MPI penalties was used. However, I cannot find an explanation in the IEEE document. I will need to review the presentations and ask some IEEE participants who provided the simulations. I should have more information before our meeting in February.

Hi Steve,

Thank you for providing the links for the ORL. I will try to contact some of the presenters.

Please let us know if you have more information about the MPI penalty values associated with the reflectance shown in  table 12 (Table 140-14).

Regards,

Jose