List Home Dates Threads Authors Subjects
fibre_channel - Re: [fibre_channel] Thoughts on FC-FS-5 Open Comments Cisco-001 & Cisco- Message Thread: Previous | Next
  • To: Anil Mehta <anil.mehta@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: "Rajesh L G (rajeshlg)" <rajeshlg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2018 07:59:20 +0000
  • Cc: Adrian Butter <adrian.butter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Mike Blair (mblair)" <mblair@xxxxxxxxx>, "fibre_channel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <fibre_channel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Abhinav Chander (achander)" <achander@xxxxxxxxx>, "Vasuki H A (avasuki)" <avasuki@xxxxxxxxx>

Hi Anil,

Thanks for the confirmation.

Would be good to have this documented lest somebody designs a receiver assuming 5.3.7.2 will not be violated.

Regards, Rajesh

From: Anil Mehta <anil.mehta@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thursday, 8 March 2018 at 1:23 AM
To: "Rajesh L G (rajeshlg)" <rajeshlg@xxxxxxxxx>
Cc: Adrian Butter <adrian.butter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Mike Blair (mblair)" <mblair@xxxxxxxxx>, "fibre_channel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <fibre_channel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Abhinav Chander (achander)" <achander@xxxxxxxxx>, "Vasuki H A (avasuki)" <avasuki@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [fibre_channel] Thoughts on FC-FS-5 Open Comments Cisco-001 & Cisco-002

Hi Rajesh,

Adrian is out of office. So I thought I'll respond to this.

When an FC port is generating streams for transmission it should follow all the rules mentioned in all the sections e.g. preceding and following the primitive signal with two fill words.  Then AM logic can insert AM and delete fill words to compensate for it according to the AM insertion and fill word deletion  rules.

If this approach is followed then to make room for AM, fill words would be deleted from the original  stream generated by the FC Port and 1 and 2 would be legal to see on the wire.

Anil